Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Monday, May 25, 2015

Day 2 and 3 - Venice

One thing that I really wanted to do, while I was in Venice, was to go over to Murano, and check out all the glass. Our plan for that day was to just wander Venice for a while and then hop on the water bus and go over and see what if we could find a glass factory. When we got off the water bus in Venice, we started to talk to a guy who offered us a free taxi ride over to Murano. The catch was that we would have to go to a certain glass factory and see what they had.  That was great for us, since that's what we wanted to do anyway.  We jumped at the offer.

One of the bonuses of this was that we got to ride through some of the canals that the water busses don't go.  It was beautiful!



We had a private tour of the glass factory and were able to watch the artists at work.




Of course, at the end of the tour, we were able to purchase some of the beautiful pieces.  I know that was the whole purpose of getting us over there, but I was more than happy to oblige.

After the tour, we wandered around Murano for a bit.  It was such a pretty place. We were serenaded by one of the locals.


We spent the rest of the day exploring Venice. We had to cross over this bridge several times during our time there, and each time it made me laugh - it was a Venician traffic jam!





Venice is a very cool place.  I loved every second that we spent there.  It's so amazing to see all the canals and waterways, and how everyone gets around by water. We had a waterbus pass and so we spent the time hoping on and off as needed.  I look forward to going back one day and spending more time there.



1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see what you purchased. And to read more about the trip!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.