Welcome to a day in my life. I can't guarantee that this will be an exciting read for anyone. My life is filled with all the mundane activities of a stay-at-home-mom just trying to raise her three sons to be the best men they can be.

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Weekly Recap

 
It seems that my life has been in full throttle lately. This week was the first one in a while that I had a chance to stick around the house a little and get some things done around here. It felt pretty good.

-last weekend I had a furneral to attend. It was for the mother of a friend that I grew up with. Mom was 90! It brought back so many memories of our teenage years - so many of those memories involved her. She invested a lot of her time and energy into the youth at our Church.
-last weekend was also John's birthday so we all went out for dinner - 6 of us, including Spencer's girlfriend.
-Spencer and Cameron were in the Toronto Santa Claus parade on Sunday. We watched it on TV and saw Spencer
-it was a busy day for us as we were at two different nursing homes to play
-Tuesday the girls were here for the day to scrapbook. It's always a lot of fun.
-as I said previously, I got some things accomplished around the house this weekend and got caught up on some long-overdue work
-today I'm going to a crop for the day. I'm looking forward to just being able to play for a while.

Looking at the week ahead:
-My brother Rick's birthday is today so I'm hoping to pick him up and bring him home for a "sleep-over on Monday. I'm hoping that we can meet up with my parents somewhere for dinner
-Tomorrow is the big Christmas Concert for the band
-I need to purge and organize a couple of rooms in the basement
-get some Christmas shopping done
-write a newsletter
-hopefully it will be a little quieter like this week - fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate the comment and will be sure to stop by and visit your blog.